- Attend all practices, games and meetings on time and be available for all designated games
- Represent your school with pride, eg. uphold Sport/College values (Together, Believe, Achieve); play in correct school playing uniform; behave within school
- Show respect for the game, eg. win with humility, lose with dignity; play hard, but within the rules; accept the official’s decision without gesture or argument
- Recognise and respect the abilities and disabilities of others – both team mates and opponents
- Support those assisting – coaches, managers, teachers and the requests they make of you eg. advise coaches/managers of unavailability well in advance
- Show appreciation of the coach, officials, opponents and supporters
- Abide by the Fair Play Charter
- Ensure full payment is made prior to play, and correct uniform is provided
- Agree to ensure son/daughter will adhere to their above contract
- Will be responsible for transport to all practice sessions and games or be part of a roster
- Positively encourage and support the efforts of all players
- Refrain from any criticism or abuse directed at officials or opponents
- Emphasise genuine effort ahead of victory and encourage players to accept the outcomes of games
- Understand contact details will be passed to the coach/manager
- Give consent for my child to leave school earlier if required/when needed
- Give consent for my child to be transported by teachers/other parents cars to games
- Adhere to the Fair Play charter at all times, and support any coach/manager/umpire
• Provide appropriate opportunities.
• Offer training and support to coaches and managers.
• Ensure a safe and positive sporting environment.
• Recognise and celebrate learner success.
• Be responsible for setting and recovering fees
COACHES and MANAGERS will:
• Promote the values of the College and Sport department.
• Commit to training and playing schedules of their team.
• Establish team values and direction for the season.
• Communicate team values, requirements and direction to players and parents.
• Be transparent about team decisions.
• Conduct themselves and manage their teams according to the principles of fair play.
• Offer organised practice sessions that aim to develop holistic players (eg. skill, fitness, tactical, mental, social).
• Maintain regular communication with Sports Department.
• Commit to playing and training schedules.
• Participate in sport according to principles of fair play.
• Represent the college with pride by following school rules and wearing correct sports uniform.
• Be a positive role model and leader for the rest of the team.
• Foster team culture through established values.
• Initiate warm-up at start of training.
• Feedback results and attendance to Sports Department.
PARENTS and SUPPORTERS will:
• Positively encourage and support players .
• Respect team management.
• Ensure players meet training and playing schedules.
• Make payment of fees in a timely manner before event/competition begins.
• Support college sport by volunteering to help where able.
• Abide and encourage the principles of fair play.
Everyone involved in WGP College sport has a responsibility to uphold the spirit of fair play, sportsmanship and school values.
Follow the ‘Whanga way’
Together (participate with others) – Believe (in your development) – Achieve (work to succeed)